Thursday, July 28, 2011

Healing....(poem 09/13/01)

This was also written after 9/11...I dreamed about my father who had passed away on 12/24/09

In all of the struggle
I see your face
Makes my sorrows
Feel pale in comparison
To the rest of the world.

I can feel for them all
All who lost
Their hearts
They will never forget
They will only strive forward.

All has changed
Nothing can ever be the same
Our guards are up
Our hearts are hardened
We can never breathe a sigh of relief.

Please let someone enter my heart
And tell me it's OK
I know someday I'll see you
And you can comfort me
But for now I still can see you.

The sorrow, the pain
An unbelievable pallor over all the world
Emotions spent
Souls broken
Hearts shattered.

Nothing will bring them back
Like nothing will bring you back
Retribution is our only comfort
The light of so many lives extinguished
Twin flames, now snuffed to darkness.

The falling, collapsing
Of a nation's spirit
Of a human's strength
To be rebuilt
Slowly and painfully.

As I watch you leave again
I can understand some of the fear, the pain
Bring us back to life
Help us all to cope
And begin a brighter tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment