Friday, July 8, 2011

About the author is....

I have been writing since I was in kindergarten. My first "book" was written in elementary school and, along with the rest of my classmates' endeavors, was put in the library where other students could actually check it out. For the "about me" section at the end, I started it with: "About the author is Sandy Roberson." :)

I started to write poetry when I was in 7th grade, as a result of copying my best friends, Stacie and Shannon. What I discovered was that it was very therapeutic and relaxing to me. Since then, all throughout my remaining school years and still today, I write when I'm especially anxious, upset, or excited. Being a fairly impatient person (my husband may argue the "fairly" part), I have found short poetry holds my attention best...I would love to write a novel but have no idea what to write about and have not the patience and dedication to do so!

My dream in life at this moment is to freelance writing greeting cards and songs, allowing my creative identity to flourish, while freeing me to spend more time enjoying my two beautiful girls, Cassidy Alice (6) and Emma Kathryn (8 months).



I will start my writing blog with a couple of the more recent songs and poems I have written, because that is what I have right on hand here to post. Over time, I will share my other work from throughout the years. I have done pretty well at saving it all, but it will take me some time to get it all into the e-world!

I hope whoever reads this, if anyone, will enjoy what I've created!

No comments:

Post a Comment