Tuesday, August 16, 2011

To Daddy....(poem 1999)

This was written for my dad, who passed away 12/24/99. I read it at his funeral and for my sister's wedding 05/08/04

I just want to say hello
Even though you are not here
I just want to say hello
In my heart, you will always be near.

I just want to say I love you
Each and every day
I just want to say I love you
In my own special way.

I just want to say I miss you
Your humor, your hope, your heart
I just want to say I miss you
Since you had to part.

I just want to say I understand
Why you had to leave me here
I just want to say I understand
And I no longer have any fear.

I just want to say I'll remember
All the times spent with you
I just want to say I'll remember
Your spirit in everything I do.

Daddy, I just want to say good-bye
With my heart filled up with love
I just want to say good-bye
I'll meet you again someday up above.

No comments:

Post a Comment