This poem is a play on one of my favorite songs, "Cowboy Romance" by Natalie Merchant....
It is the story of how I met my wonderful husband!
It's a rainy night
Romance
Between a private and a fool
And a fool
A mistaken meet up
In a crude diner
Slow night in a tired town
He's hopeful and
She is too
And together they are two
Open souls
Got her held tight
In his arms
Both wondering what to do
Just a dance - that is
All it is
But they both feel the need
Feel the need
If you can
If you can
And if you can
"Would you look beyond the past ones
I'll take you with me
And together we will see
How love should be"
Got her held tight
In his arms
Both knowing it is right
"No man born can move me - that I swore
But private, if you do
I'll belong to you"
If you do
If you do
And if you do
"Will you take my heart this once
I'll go with you
And together we will see
How love should be"
As days stretch on they
Are trusting more and more
Discovering what love is for
They will say "I do"
Say "I do."
No comments:
Post a Comment